This course will include an update on safeguarding and current developments of this, an explanation of the role of the LSCB, aspects of a safe learning environment and an introduction on what to do if there is an allegation against someone.
Criteria for Attendance: This course is provided for staff who have attended the course for New Designated Safeguarding Leads and meet the criteria outlined for the Designated Safeguarding Lead, in the Department of Education guidance, Keeping Children Safe in Education. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/keeping-children-safe-in-education and with the expectation that level 1 to 3 safeguarding training will have already been undertaken.
- To be reminded and updated regarding legislation and guidance re: Safeguarding
- To have an update on current developments in relation to safeguarding
- To be reminded of the role of the LSCB
- To have an understanding of the key elements of a safe learning environment
- To be given an introduction to what to do if there is an allegation against someone working with children
To have up to date Child Protection guidance, and an understanding of key elements of the safe learning environment.
All cancellations must be received 7 days prior to the course, to avoid being charged full payment.
Existing Designated Safeguarding Leads in Schools (or Deputy DSLs) with responsibility for Child Protection